WE ARE CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIVES THAT SUPPORT AB 2682
SIMPLE WAYS TO
SUPPORT AB 2682
June 18, 2018
AB 2682 is also heading to Senate Health Committee!
We are still scheduled to be heard in Senate Business and Professions on June 25th (see important update on B&P below). If we pass out of that committee, our bill will go shortly thereafter to Senate Health Committee.
Action items (now until June 27th):
1. Everyone should call the Senate Health Committee to register your support for AB 2682 and urge the Chair of the committee, Dr Richard Pan, to vote yes on AB 2682 when it comes to Senate Health Committee next week. (916) 651-4111
2. If you are a constituent of a senator on Senate Health Committe, please call directly to your senator's Capitol office to register your support for AB 2682 and urge your senator to vote yes on AB 2682 when it comes to Senate Health Committee next week. You can find your legislator here, and compare to this list of Senate Health Committee members.
AB 2682 passed the Assembly floor on May 30th. This is great news, but we still have a lot of work to do in the Senate, including ongoing negotiations to amend the bill language.
We are now focused on the Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee (B&P). Likely our bill will be heard in this committee on June 25th. This means all letters of support must be received by June 18th!!
1. All CNMs should send a letter ASAP to the Chair of the Senate B&P Committee, Senator Jerry Hill. Find sample letters and instructions here. All letters are due by June 18th.
2. Target Senate B&P Committee members on social media to encourage a yes vote in the committee. Find same tweets and instructions here.
3. If you are a constituent of a member of the Senate B&P Committee, please fax or send letters of support directly to them as well. Find members of B&P here; Find legislators here.
CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR
FOR ALL LEGISLATORS
SEND AS MANY TWEETS AS YOU CAN TO FOCUS OUR TWEETS AS A GROUP
PLEASE CONSIDER USING TWITTER ~ ANYONE CAN TWEET ~ YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A CONSTITUENT IN THE DISTRICT OF THE LEGISLATORS CURRENTLY VOTING ON AB 2682
Twitter is a quick and efficient means to show your support of #AB2682. Tweet your support any time!